Blinds can protect your privacy, control sunlight, and always look great! There are so many colors and styles available, buying the right blinds may seem a little overwhelming. The first thing to do is determine the proper size for your windows, so blinds you choose are the right size and mount for your windows. Older window frames are usually deeper and are more suited inside mounting, while newer, shallow window frames, are more suited for outside mounting. Some of the wonderful choices available in blinds are:
- Aluminum/plastic mini-blinds provide an easy solution for the need for inexpensive, colorful, room-darkening window coverings. Because of their low price, simple installation, and easy cleaning, they're ideal for entryways, offices, garages, and workshops. Blinds can be raised and lowered with cords at the side and the slats can be tilted by turning a control wand or by either pulling cords on the opposite sides side of the blind. Aluminum or plastic blind provide a hard surface reflects sunlight and helps to reduce the need for air conditioning. They're a cheap, practical solution to basic window covering
- Vertical blinds are popular for a sleek window/door treatment. They provide great light control and open and close like draperies. Often used for patio or sliding doors, and are a wonderful privacy solution.
- Two-inch wood blinds work for almost any window installation, providing a classic look. They can continue the basic color scheme of the room and will not distract from the clean look of the window.
Wood blinds combine artistic craftsmanship, a clean elegant look, many years of service, and are available in a wide range of grains and colors. 2" blinds are one of the most popular blind choices available to home designers.
- Bamboo blinds are usually handcrafted from grasses, reeds, and natural woods. Some bamboo blinds are constructed to roll from the bottom and others are made to fold like a Roman Shade. Because of their natural beauty, bamboo shades provide a striking combination of durability, simplicity, and function. Bamboo blinds really do not provide privacy, even though they look as though they might. At night, light comes right through them, so don't use them when you need real privacy.
- Old-fashioned roller shades have achieved a new look with bold, beautiful fabrics. They fit on almost any window, are simple to operate, and provide great privacy and light control. If you don't need the privacy, choose fabrics that are sheer or open woven
- Wood plantation shutters are an expensive, classy choice for windows and French doors. They are an investment choice, and will add style and value to any home.